18 ton vibrating road roller machine single drum Shangchai engine
cabin with A/C
• ROPS driving cab is equipped with an air conditioner, radio and
suspended chair. It has a bigger space and broad view inside.
• Unique cylindrical drum structure features high rigidity and
intensity. Short cylindrical bearing with high limited rotation
speed provides high load - carrying capacity. The symmetrical
arrangement of the right and left vibration chambers avoids the
polarization of the vibratory drums.
• According to the ergonomics theory, all meters, indicators and
buttons are centered on the operation panel. The throttle handle
and FWD/REV handle are put on the right side to improve the sense
• The failure diagnosis screen with alarms can avoid any
• The simple and easy lubrication mode ensures an extremely low
failure rate of the lubricating system.
• XCMG is the first manufacturer to adopt the central engine for
Leading compacting performance
• The unique hydraulic driving system design and heavy vibratory
wheel weight make the XCMG's roller highly advanced in compaction
• Heavy loaded drive axle and nonskid differential mechanism can
furthest transfer the output power as well as the tractive force of
• The key components are provided by international suppliers
(hydraulic pump, motor, drive axle, vibratory bearing and rotating
alarm lamp), it also has several engine models for selection to
meet different working conditions and customer's needs.
• The split convex block drum (below 16t) and integral convex block
drum (18-20t) can be selected according to the customer's
• The aural and visual alarm device can timely provide the
maintenance message to avoid the machine faults and to shorten the
• The self-opening engine shield makes the engine and hydraulic
pump easy to access to.
Road rollers use the weight of the vehicle to compress the surface
being rolled (static) or use mechanical advantage (vibrating).
Initial compaction of the substrate on a road project is done using
a padfoot drum roller, which achieves higher compaction density due
to the pads having less surface area. On large freeways a four
wheel compactor with padfoot drum and a blade, would be used due to
its high weight, speed and the powerful pushing force to spread
bulk material. On regional roads a smaller single padfoot drum
machine may be used. The next machine is usually a single smooth
drum compactor that compacts the high spots down until the soil is
smooth, and this is usually done in combination with a motor grader
to get a level surface.
Front axle load
Static linear load
Min. turning radius (internal)