Soper's Supply Ltd. was established in 1945 as Soper- Singleton
Electric Co. and operated out of the back of a shoe store repairing
radios & TV's.
By 1956 the company had branched out into Refrigeration Contracting
and Fire Extinguisher recharging. It was decided to seperate the
fire & safety side of the business and to move the
refrigeration contracting to 111 Street & 105 Ave, which is now
the sight of the Carbon Brush Supply building. Dropping the radio
and TV repair service and instead incorporate the service of
rebuilding refrigeration compressors and repairing electric motors
under the Soper-Singleton refrigeration banner. In 1958 the company
started distributing electric motors to offset the slow winter
By 1964 the company was distributing for Universal Electric (A.O
Smith), Redmond Motors (Franklin Electric), and became a
distributor for Lau products to complement the Torin Line (Airdex).
It was in 1968 that a decision was made to concentrate solely on
the motor and fan distribution lines, leaving the Refrigeration
Contracting behind and at the same time changing the name of the
business to Soper's Supply Ltd.
1972 brought the dawn of new ownership ....